Thursday, August 9, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Ace - S5830: Speed Test results

As requested by one of my readers from Singapore, I have done a quick (non-definitive) network speed test using the SpeedTest.net Android App. I have selected 4 servers for the purpose of this test:
  1. Penang - This is where I am located.
  2. Kuala Lumpur - This is roughly half way between my reader in Singapore.
  3. Singapore - This is where my reader is located.
  4. Hong Kong - This is to test an international destination that is roughly the same distance between us.
SpeedTest.net Results
As you can see, the speeds vary quite a lot on each server. The best Download speed that I've managed to get in my test comes from the Kuala Lumpur server (725 kbps). The best Upload speed is also from the Kuala Lumpur server (360 kbps) albeit from a different run.

Note - This test was done on a Galaxy Ace S5830 with the details below:
Network service provider and plan: DiGi Smart Plan 68
ROM: CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC3-DroidAce v1
Modem: DXKPD

When I able, I will collect the SpeedTest results on my S2 with the same 4 servers and post it up. What's the best result that you've ever gotten? If you don't mind sharing it with me, I will post it up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment